Seeking Mid-Senior level Interior Designer
Devon Grace Interiors is a full service Interior Design firm located in Chicago specializing in luxury residential designs and commercial spaces for businesses. We prioritize the expression of the individual client to ensure that their space best represents their personality or company mission.
We're a small firm that's been experiencing tremendous growth and seeking our next lead designer. If you’re an energetic, go-getter with strong presentation skills, this is the right place for you! We’re a young team with an office located right in downtown Chicago.
This is a contract hire position expecting 20-40 hours per week with the intention to hire full time within 3-4 months. Pay ranges based on level of experience.
- Lead & manage interior design projects that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment, color palettes, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Engage in marketing and business development efforts
- Manage client timelines and expectations
- On-site client meetings
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- 4+ years of interior design experience of varying project types
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, V-Ray and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas